View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #51
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoman View Post
Thanks. I have no idea what wireless backhaul is so I'll take your word for it.

One feature I really like is the channel finder ... it makes a big difference and is just one tap and done.

I am running my Velop in bridge mode while connected to my Shaw Hitron modem/router. Do you think that would be an issue with the performance/speed of the Velop? Running in bridge mode precludes me from using some features (parental controls, speed test and a couple of others) but this doesn't really cause me any issues. It just made the set up easier and allows me to keep a powerline adapter I use hooked up to the Hitron (although it appears I could hook the adapter up directly to the Velop as well).
Backhaul is the communication from the main nodes back to the parent node. The parent node really controls everything. Backhaul when wired or dedicated will double your throughput (speed) over a traditional mesh system.

And yes that’s hooked up wrong
Bridge the Shaw crap router and use Velop as the main hub. The way you have it now will work but it will decrease performance and you will lose the features that the Velop excels at you can directly hook the power line adapter to the Velop but I am wondering why you are using a power line adapter when you have a mesh system. If you do want to keep the power line adapter I would suggest connecting it to the Velop one one end and Velop on the other end so your backhaul is wired.

Pm me your setup and layout and I’ll see if I can help