View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #34
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Okay Apple fans - you don't really hate flash do you? Just because Steve Jobs has come out (in marketing guru mode like he always has been at heart) and has spun out all the fake excuses for why flash is not included, it's obvious that he simply wants flash to die and that it doesn't mesh with his vision for standards in the future and his business. It's nothing personal, it's just business (in the same way that was "just business" in The Godfather). That's totally fine. Technology has to change, standards have to change and grow. Open standards need to be the future. I understand that and it is healthy.

But really guys, do you personally dislike flash? Why not allow flash content to be accessed and enjoyed, but simply prevent flash based applications to protect their app store and platform stability? I like flash and whether Adobe controls it or not is irrelevant to me, that is because of all the content for flash that has come out in the last decade as it was a very dominant form of self-expression for websites, individuals, etc. and I think it is a shame to lose all that content. My friend is totally a Mac guy and won't touch a PC but he loves flash himself. Same for my buddy who works as a professional animator. He works in flash on Apple computers everyday. HTML5, Java, etc. are all great, but it's sad to lose out on so much richness that has been created in flash and that is a shame if you think that is actually a good thing just because of corporate ego.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 04-29-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote