Thread: Cycling Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #6124
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
My rain pants didn't work so well on the way to work today. I think I need to replace them. These ones were made by Axiom, and I'm not sure they still make pants anymore. They lasted at least 7-8 years in Vancouver, so they had a good run.

I searched and found a company called Showers Pass. They have a really well reviewed High Visability pant (https://showerspass.ca/collections/m...nt=47062462788) but I don't really feel like spending $192 on them. Has anyone heard of them and have any reviews?
I ended up ordering the Sugoi Commuter Pant (https://ca-store.sugoi.com/collectio...-commuter-pant). They arrived the next day and included free shipping. I signed up for the newsletter so I received 15% the $145 price.

I've worn them a few times and they are excellent. I really like the material and how lightweight the pants are. There are velcro straps on the waist to tighten them. The snaps on the bottom of the pants are functional. I can tighten them to my desired level, and they don't get caught in the chain. My Axiom pants needed those neon fasteners applied to them, as they would flair out and catch all the time. They are completely waterproof and fairly breathable. I've even worn them a few times when it hasn't rained, just for some protection from the wind. I couldn't do that with the Axiom pants, as I would be a puddle of sweat. I highly recommend these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: