View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #3820
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I'm trying to remember how last season went, it's been so long now, but from what I remember, they tried Lindholm at centre with Tkachuk and from what I recalled, they were the best line. The problem was that they were the ONLY line that was going.

Again, from what I recall, the only reason they put Lindholm back with Gaudreau and Monahan was because those two could not get going and also needed a defensively responsible forward with them. I'm pretty sure they tried playing Backlund on Gaudreau and Monahan's wing to replace Lindholm and it wasn't working.

So from what I remember, it wasn't that Lindholm couldn't cut it at centre, it was more of Gaudreau and Monahan couldn't go without Lindholm and also that Backlund was better at centre than the wing.

If you have the video and evidence to correct me, let me know, but that's how I remembered it.

I do think that Ward thinks of Lindholm as a centremen. He has compared Lindholm to Bergeron on numerous occasions.

Yup, this is pretty much how I remember last season. Backlund actually went up to Geoff Ward and asked to move back to center where he’s comfortable. He, Tkachuk and Mangiapane went on a tear after the move as well. Not surprising, as Tkachuk and Backlund have unparalleled chemistry together. Mangiapane > Frolik - so that line is like the 3M line on steroids.

Gaudreau and Monahan just did not look comfortable together for 80% of the season. Outside of stretch in January and February, they looked like they had never played together before; the playoffs were probably their worst showing as they were owned at even strength.

Lindholm kind of reminds me a bit of Jonathan Toews. Maybe not as competitive, maybe not as brash. But he plays in all situations, excels in most areas of the ice. He’s smart, can score goals and is hard on the pursuit for the puck. Similar to Toews in that he’s not an elite play driver like a Patrick Kane, but Lindholm’s contract is so good that you can find great wingers to compliment him while Lindholm can do all the little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post: