View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #3819
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I’d have to see way more of Lindholm at centre before I’m saying he takes anyone’s place. I’m also not as concerned about any RW gap going forward. As much as a RHS is missing, good C’s are more valuable.
I'm trying to remember how last season went, it's been so long now, but from what I remember, they tried Lindholm at centre with Tkachuk and from what I recalled, they were the best line. The problem was that they were the ONLY line that was going.

Again, from what I recall, the only reason they put Lindholm back with Gaudreau and Monahan was because those two could not get going and also needed a defensively responsible forward with them. I'm pretty sure they tried playing Backlund on Gaudreau and Monahan's wing to replace Lindholm and it wasn't working.

So from what I remember, it wasn't that Lindholm couldn't cut it at centre, it was more of Gaudreau and Monahan couldn't go without Lindholm and also that Backlund was better at centre than the wing.

If you have the video and evidence to correct me, let me know, but that's how I remembered it.

I do think that Ward thinks of Lindholm as a centremen. He has compared Lindholm to Bergeron on numerous occasions.