Old 10-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #3809
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I don't think this is the case at all.

If Bennett or Dube establish themselves as 40-50 pt centres (middle 6) it may allow us to consider dealing Backlund. But that will likely be at the expense of some solid defensive/shutdown play unless Dube or Bennett also develop that element of their game.

We can't deal Monahan unless Bennett or Dube pose a legit threat of posting 30 goals and can sniff PPG potential. #### on Monahan all you want but that is what he brings to this team. We don't have another centre capable of that. Backlund is a wonderful centre but in his best season topped out at 53 points.
That isnt good enough offensively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
I am arguing that we do not have internal options to replace either of our two best centers. I do understand that it is arguable, and I also understand that IF some of our young players take a significant step there is a possibility that Monahan or Backlund becomes expendable, but as of now this is not the case.
Lindholm could comfortably replace Backlund in both defence and offence, and arguably replace Monahan in offence (and easily in defence).

The concern is how you replace Lindholm as the top line RW, not how you replace Monahan or Backlund in the top six.