View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #107
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
I know it's only anecdotal and I'm only one person but I was overhearing a lot of complaints in real time at the event, it was significant enough that people weren't feeling the need to keep their issues filtered to online discussions.

The really puzzling thing is that a number of improvements would be simple to implement since they've already figured out the solutions through previous experience. Things like continuing the separated crowd control for getting people in and out of the Corral/Boyce should have been a complete no-brainer, reverting back to funneling people in and out through the vendor area for no evident reason makes me wonder how poor the communication was between the old and new management.
From what I understand, and remember I didn't work this year, this was essentially the new guys (management) telling the old guys (staffers) how to run the con that the staff have run forever, because management knows better.

Staff can talk to and suggest things to management until they are blue in the face. If management doesn't listen and/or ignores that advice and/or thinks it knows better...guess who 'wins'.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote