View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've used benjamin moore's cloud white myself in the condo renovation I'm currently working on, as it makes even bright rooms just that much brighter, if you don't use it for the walls, definitely use it for the trim. Makes it pop significantly. Use Matte finish paint if you get benjamin moore, the quality of the paint is good enough where even though it's a flat finish it's still really durable. Plus with the amount of light you get in a west facing window, if you use a gloss, it'll be really shiny, which can be annoying to some people.

Do not use any colours for anything that you do put in other than neutrals and preferably warm neutrals as most buyers can't see the space properly otherwise.

Definitely consider staging the condo as well, as you'll get more interest as people would be able to see what goes where and all that.

Also, if there's any minor damage that can be easily fixed (dings dents etc) try and fix those as well. Mudding is really easy, just a bit time consuming (mainly the sanding). also when you're sanding something, use your fingers to go over what you've sanded as you'll be able to tell if it needs more sanding (a bump) or if you're good to go. Your eyes can miss things, your fingers won't. Also when sanding use a finer grit sand paper (200 or so) as anything less will take off too much and be a pain to get correct.

Last edited by Caged Great; 12-14-2012 at 10:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: