View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #1533
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
What a sham of a qualifying format. Not just because it potentially excludes Canada, but because there should be direct matches to determine the qualifiers. Is Canada better than El Salvador? Maybe. Honduras? Maybe. Let there be a qualifying tournament to know for sure, head to head.

If Canada can't beat El Salvador and/or Honduras in a home and home (or round robin), then so be it. But at least the teams have a chance to settle it directly. I'd rather see Canada lose on a dusty, dried out pitch in Honduras (it has happened) than in math equation.
I’m sure it got changed for some reason, from the old one, to reward teams that play often, which is why it takes in various competitions.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if the team didn’t choke away the multiple goal lead vs Haiti of all teams earlier this year, they’d be in much better shape.

Or, have the useless governing body of this country have scheduled a few more (and meaningful) friendlies prior to this in the past year and a half since Herdman came on, they also may be in a more comfortable position. As it is, they left little margin for error to get to the Hex.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote