View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #16
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Great thread. I have really gotten into this the last few years. Currently have 3 cabinets, with a threat from my wife that she will kill me if I bring home anymore.

First Arcade Cab - TMNT Arcade & Turtles in time 4 player - This was the first cab I bought and started my obsession with these things.

Second Arcade -Mortal Kombat Cab - This was the second one I purchased. Always loved the Mortal Kombat series, will come back to this one in a second

Finally - Big Buck Hunter - This is probably my favorite one, and having a light gun game, also gets the most play in the arcade.

Back to the Mortal Kombat cab - This was a early gen Arcade 1UP and something happened where I could not start up MK1 or MK3. This led me to making the decision to mod this sucker. Used a company out of the US called ArcadeModup.com that provided a custom lit control panel and track ball that matched the MK cabinet, as well as a raspberry pi 4 with about 6K arcade games on it. I also decided to upgrade the screen from 17" to 19" and could not be more happy with the result. I now have every game I could want. Thought about doing the same to my 4 player ninja turtle one, but leaving it for now.

I put in some lighting via Phillips Hue and arcade complete....

...until they start releasing light gun games at which point i'll be jumping back in for a new cab
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post: