View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #2162
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Given the team’s improved play the last few games, I’m surprised the tone of this thread hasn’t changed much... I’ll give credit where it’s due: Bennett is playing much better, the 3rd line is looking fantastic- Janko has really thrived under GG so far. We look good lately, might be too early to say we’ve turned a corner... but at least give the coach some credit if you’re going to tear him apart when we’re losing. If losing is attributable to coaching, so is winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because:

A) We've seen this before. Just when you think they are finally playing good, responsible hockey, they just go back to playing how they were before. A few good games, followed by more bad games. Rinse and repeat... I am aware every team has good and bad stretches, but for this team, the bad stretches come far too soon. Gulutzan cannot get this team to play consistent hockey. Until they show they can, GG shouldn't be off the hot seat.

B) This GG coached team still cannot get it done in regulation time. As was pointed out earlier this thread, in a year and a half since he took over, the Flames are below .500 in regulation. Even during this (what do I call it? Well playing?) streak we lost against the Leafs in a SO, we beat Montreal in OT and, granted, we did beat Vancouver in regulation. It doesn't bode well for playoffs.

As most know, I am one of the most vocal posters on everything related to GG. I don't think he's the right coach for this team, I don't think he is the one that can take this team to the next level. This goes back to last year, not just this one. In 100+ game he's coached, IN MY OPINION, I don't see a guy that is capable of taking a team to the Cup. For instance, I'm not seeing any real progress from the Flames.
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemanja2306 For This Useful Post: