View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #1008
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
See I guess that's where I find further confusion. I trust someone like Notley a lot more to responsibly handle our economy than another conservative like Kenney. Conservatives have consistently proven to suck at our economy for decades, and now they've figured it out? I think Notleys done a great job so far.

But let's assume for a moment Kenney would be better for the economy and just not disagree there for the sake of discussion. Why do fiscally conservative people always have to be so ####ing backwards and bigoted on social issues? Why do we have to settle for an idiot like Kenney and his Trump style attacks on social media? Can't we have a grown up conservative?
I don’t think great is the correct word. Spending is growing at a greater rate than pop growth and inflation. That is not acceptable in a deficit environment. Her Carbon tax spending is terrible policy (I like the concept of the tax but it not being revenue neutral is regressive). And she has no plans to save any of the future oil revenues.

Now we haven’t seen the UCPs approach yet but okay would be the best you can describe her performance. While on the oil portfolio I think she again has done okay. I had hope for her social license concept but Trudeau really screwed her.

She also did a good job increasing revenue streams. Now we need a government to look after the cuts. Notley is not that person.

We are all waiting for the fiscally conservative socially liberal unicorn. Nenshi might be as close as we’ve seen but he certainly moved left from his first term to now.

Last edited by GGG; 12-04-2018 at 06:20 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote