View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 AM   #12445
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
And also the same coach who had Gaudreau score at over a point per game pace for the first time in his career, Monahan who set a career high in points despite playing a career low number of games and was injured for a quarter of them, Micheal Ferland who scored a career high 21 goals, Matthew Tkachuk who improved his point total despite playing 8 less games than the previous season, Mikael Backlund who finished 4th in Selke voting, Dougie Hamilton who scored 50 points one year and led all defenseman in goals the next year....

I think you get the point. Blaming the coach for Bennett is a cop out if you ask me. It's possible he turns it around this season, but nothing I've seen would lead me to believe that will be the case.
I know that a lot of folks do not appreciate the simplicity of having better results relative to the players playing against them especially compared to out-shooting them

In last year's Selke voting the worst +/- of anyone getting a vote was Claude Giroux who got a 4th place and a 5th place vote with his -15. Good for a tie for 38th place with that renowned shut-down centre Austin Matthews.

This season (that you were saying how well GG coached some players) Backlund was -21.

Since you are using the Selke voting as proof of Backlund's elite checking skills will your opinion change based on this season's vote?

Players that hopefully improve , bounce back with a new coach and system:

Brodie, Backlund and Bennett..... the killed B's ( under GG)

Last edited by ricardodw; 05-16-2018 at 09:54 AM.