Old 05-16-2018, 08:18 AM   #12428
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
Mark Scheifele never had IQ questions.
He had "talent" issues though.

We all know what Bennett can become, you can see it in spurts all over the season. I do not buy also the IQ concept either. Bennett has gotten away from his game at times under GG.

Bennett needs to play like he did under Hartley. Crash that net more than anyone else, get refused a ton of goals and hit everything that moves. When Bennett came into the league the question mark was not his IQ but his weight. Now at around 200-210 if he played like he did under Hartley we would be having a different talk right now.

Just because he is most effective when he plays "simple" does not mean he has IQ problems. If you had to think for your linemates at times because you obviously had more talent you would be accused of having IQ problems also. I mean would you throw passes to Hath(nothing agaisnt the player)?

Key points to success for him
Bennett needs to stop taking wrist shots above the hash marks(his wrister is not his strong point)
Bennett needs to start taking more slappers and one timers
Bennett needs to be in the paint more this upcoming season like he was in his first season.
Bennett needs to make entries more along the boards(Very strong on the boards)
Be assertive every shift(guys a beast, has to show it)

If he does this i cannot see why he could not put up 40-45 points with 17 minutes a night. If he gets first line minutes I could easily see a 50-55 point season. Talents there, consistency isn't.