View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 10:12 PM   #208
Buzzcock
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
Ya, I was taking a look at those but I'm not too sure who to go with. I want to find a place that has a good warranty and someone to deal with locally. Pieroway seems like a good option but I will have to do a bit more research.
Pieroway is local but I've never owned any of their rods so I can't speak to their warranty. TFO has local distribution so if you head down to their facility you can get same day rod replacement.

Pretty much all others will require you to ship the rod away for warranty service and most have a lifetime (or 25 year) warranty.

My only warranty experience is with Sage and St. Croix. Sage was good - they couldn't replace my broken tip so they sent me an entire brand new rod for free although it took them a couple of months.

I have a soft spot for St. Croix rods as I really think their rods generally offer the best value for money and their warranty includes an upgrade program. You can either have your rod repaired or trade it in for a higher value rod. I did this with a 15 year old St. Croix Imperial and upgraded to a Legend Elite for a healthy discount.
Buzzcock is offline   Reply With Quote