View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #1586
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Should their supporters be all that upset though? I mean they have won 2/3 FA Cups in the past few years, and finished top four consistently. I find it hilarious that they can't take the next step, and things aren't exactly on the upswing this year, but that track record isn't exactly terrible.
I think the biggest issue for the fans is that they feel they were sold a bill of goods.

Once their arena was paid off Wenger was supposed to have the cash to be ambitious. Then from time to time they make it clear that Wenger has the money he just doesnt spend it.

I think thats really the issue. The mentality that you're talking about it exactly what most Arsenal fans believed.

"Muddle through being somewhat successful until the Stadium is paid for and then they'll invest and we can take it to the next level."

Except the latter part just hasnt come.

You get some board members saying he has the money he just isnt spending it, and then you get Wenger claiming that theres no one worth buying and everyone is just busy pointing their fingers at each other.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote