View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 07:50 PM   #1260
Bindair Dundat
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
The stealth aspect isn't the selling feature of the F-35. It's preeminent capability is its cross-functionality with other fleets of F-35s, essentially creating a massive network of air-to-air weapons platforms that together would rapidly dominate airspace.
And you are probably the only other guy here that understands just how far beyond the current this goes.
The RCAF already knows...they've been briefed and updated constantly.
Civilians opining on this stuff (and I am one of these...) are largely ignorant with regards to the quantum leap that the systems in the F-35 represent.
This has Nothing Whatsoever to do with the "stealth" aspect. That is an entirely separate issue.
This sensor-fusion technology makes all current aircraft obsolete...Current F-22 avionics and tech included; these are (after all) a full generation behind at the moment.
One thing I know for sure is that our guys (and gals) would rather be sitting in F-35's than either of the remaining two options.
And this should be the deciding factor....
These are the people that may be called upon to take themselves into harms way.
To deny them the tools required to best prosecute missions mandated by the Government (where have we seen this before?) would be an abomination...and a significant betrayal of trust on the part of the Confederation itself.
Yes...Canada is indeed a Confederation.
I'm so gol-danged frustrated about this whole thing =rants like this.
But I digress...
Bindair Dundat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bindair Dundat For This Useful Post: