View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #222
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Agreed about Nick but he also checked all the boxes where as Mike didn't. Nick could articulate how he had a great social game, won challenges, found and used idols and made big moves. And won 3 straight immunities when he needed them most.

Mike made big moves, had a tremendous social game - but didn't have the competition element
In many seasons Mike played a good enough game to win. But Nick played one of the most complete games in Survivor history.
There was a line that Nick said that after Mike described his social game, and how he was able to sit in the back and pull strings but never expose himself as a threat. Nick came back and said, I did all of that as well, but I WAS exposed as a threat and as such had to play an even stronger game to stay in it.

That right there was it for Mike. He was banking on his relationships to win the game at that point, and Nick came in and said ya I had just as good of relationships but I played a better, harder game, out in the open where I was vulnerable. I remember they panned to Mike and the look on his face was just.. ya I've got nothing I can say to that.