View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
DementedReality
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
The seller is paying the realtor fee; so I see no reason to not have a realtor of your own. He/she is there to look after your interests; I have seen enough shows on HGTV to see there is the potential for conficts of interest. Most of the time that ends up with the realtor saying "I cannot comment."

I would like the seller to NOT pay his realtor the buying commission and instead reduce the huose price. Failing that, the selling realtor could just give me the buying commission. But as I said, the system is gamed so that this would be a "huh, umm what" moment.

When I bought my house, my realtor pointed out that it looked like the house was being sold as part of a divorce. Seeing that motivation he helped me come up with an offering price that was to my advantage.

My understanding is realtors are specifically not permitted to discuss the sellers or buyers motivations. no?

Also, as Travis said you can tell your realtor what you are looking for; and he can start sending you listings. Make him work for his money- that is why he is there.

Seems to be a no brainer if the realtor wants me to buy something, makes sense they will send me listings to consider. thats not really me making them earn their money, thats them trying to get me interested in a listing.
I still feel the system is gamed so that realtors can be in business.

honest question - if i called a realtor and said i was buying without a realtor and -
a) wanted to view their listing
b) expected the buying commission to either be reduced from the purchase price or paid to me directly

what would the answers be?
The Following User Says Thank You to DementedReality For This Useful Post: