View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #9
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedReality View Post
again and with all due respect to the hard working professionals in the industry, the system is gamed to make it difficult to work without a realtor.

for example, as a seller i have to pay a buying commision, even if the buyer doesnt bring one, it just means the seller gets both ends of it.
Chances are that buyer showed up on the door step because of the marketing done by the list agent. Therefor I do believe the list agent brought the buyer.

can you image if your client tried to negotiate this with their selling agent, the answer would be a blank look and a "thats not how it works".
The 2 words you mentioned "negotiate and commissions" do actually go together. This is often done to put a deal together.

as for knowing of common problems in a building or other industry inside information, why cant i pay a realtor a consulting fee to advise me once i have found my property?

A very weak example that came to mind is doing your taxes. You can pay someone to do them with you and have the 1 on 1 and discuss tactics or you can pay a fraction of the cost on software and take the time to do it yourself and possibly miss out on some important aspects.

in the process i am going through to buy a property, i just feel that i could do a much better job of negotiating instead of playing the telephone game where i tell my realtor, she tells the other parties realtor and then they reply through their realtor to my realtor and back and forth we go.
It sounds like you just may not be happy with how your realtor is handling things.

its a stupid system really. i should be able to at least negotiate directly with the other realtor, but that would be "frowned" upon in the real estate system of business.
You are free to do whatever you like. realtors pay thousands of dollars each year to be a part of CREB, AREA, CREA and more. This gives us access to tools that the general public does not have. It is a short course that just about anyone can pass (unfortunate IMO as so many realtors are part time or lack knowledge which can bring a bad rep among all realtors ). I think if it were more difficult to be in the industry the profession would be more respected than it is.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post: