View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 12:06 AM   #15
skudr248
First Line Centre

Exp:

I always try to find the positives in life and try to find things to look forward to. I am 31, recently married (on paper), ceremony next year, moving to the states in a month, huge social friend circle changes but I never try to see ... for example, like you said 20-40 years in life. I try to look from now until maybe 1 or 2 years out but I have been like that all my life. Priorities, goals, and life circumstances change on the fly... right now, what keeps me going

- having a good career, trying to impress to grow in that career,
- moving to states, trying to keep ^ career,
- supporting, loving, and growing with my wife, having kids etc., and
- buying our first house finally (after living in Van for 6 years in an apartment, I can't god damn wait).

Life for me is always on the fly and enjoying sometimes the stress and unknowns of life. I shattered my elbow to oblivion at 28 YO and I remember thinking my life was over (long story) but I learned a lot from that situation and my recovery which took over a year and a half. My wife and I are complete opposites (which I would categorize you and my wife think similarly) and we went to therapy and it's helped so tremendously that I do recommend it to anyone in these situations.

Last edited by skudr248; 09-21-2022 at 12:14 AM.
skudr248 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skudr248 For This Useful Post: