View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 07:36 AM   #32
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
Also, whoever said that your bags don’t get checked through internationally isn’t 100% true. Anytime I fly through YVR/YYZ/YOW/YUL, all checked bags end up in my destination and make the connections without issue. They confirm if you’ve checked a bag, show a photo of it occasionally at customs, but you’re definitely not picking it up anymore. It’s been years since I’ve done that.
Yeah, in October when I was coming back home I flew from Colombia with a connector in Mexico City before returning home to Calgary. Had a 12 hour layover in Mexico City, and I did not have to receive my bags there (thank jebus..wanted to explore and my big suitcase would've totally jammed that up). They went straight from Medellin to Calgary.

It's best when checking your bags at the first departure airport to ask if you need to pick it up at the connecting airport or not, just for the piece of mind...rather than spend that entire second connector flight stressing about whether or not your suitcase will meet you at your destination city, or is just spinning around the carousel lonely at the connector airport.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote