View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 12:20 AM   #390
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Continued my comic binging.

Read some digital Batman. Finally coming around to reading on my iPad. Had a ton of digital single issues, both Detective Comics and Batman, from the RIP, Black Mirror era. Lots of weird Grant Morrison stuff, Black Glove, Bat-Mite (!), Batman’s hidden reboot personality. Also had Greg Rucka’s Detective Comics stories on Batwoman, which I later found out was the inspiration for the 1st season of the new tv show. Also Heart of Hush by Paul Dini.

I’m not a huge Morrison fan but I enjoyed it for the most part. Batman is just such a solid character, with great supporting cast and rogues gallery.

I even enjoyed the Dick Grayson as Batman stuff, even though I thought I wouldn’t, even if I still think the whole Batman Inc thing seemed weird (didn’t read any of that title tho).

Also read a physical copy of Ed Brubaker’s Batman run. Vol 1. Actually read that first since I read everything chronologically. It introduced Zeiss. Also solid.

Threw in vol 1 of Gotham Central in there. More Rucka and Brubaker. These guys just don’t write bad comics. Cool to see stuff from the cops’ perspective.

Joker by Brian Azzarello one shot. It was ok. Nothing groundbreaking.

Batman Earth One by Geoff Johns. New twist on Batman’s origin. At first I didn’t like the changes but ended up enjoying it and almost bought book 2.

I really meant to work on my massive backlog of trades sitting on my bookshelves but inspired by my new enjoyment of digital comics, instead I dropped $60 buying Alan Moore’s entire run on Swamp Thing and 6 of the 11 books of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman. Couldn’t help myself. Felt like I needed to educate myself on the masters of the genre.

Also because I own way, way more Marvel than DC (even if I include my Vertigo stuff).

Oh and I read my Carnage Classic trade. Collects a bunch of Carnage stories from his origin thru most of the 90s, excluding Maximum Carnage. Run of the mill generic superhero stuff. Though I did enjoy the messed up Warren Ellis one shot and some of the clone era stuff (I know, I know).

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-31-2019 at 12:28 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: