View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #38
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
What do you think of Roy?

I think he has been better for the Heat than MacDonald but I haven't decided if I'm sold on him as an AHL starter yet..
I don't mind him. I think out of the Brossoit/Roy swap that we got the better deal. I think if it's Brossoit thrown in like Roy was, we would have tanked badly.

Most of the games he's lost is because the team in front of him completely collapsed. He's made some big saves to keep the guys in it and seems to be willing to carry the team on his back. MacDonald looks like he doesn't care about the guys in front and he'll just stop it if he can.

I think more of my "sympathy" for Roy also comes from the fact he's 23. He's just getting into prime goalie age so I'm willing to be a little more patient with him and allow the excuse of being young and learning as to why he will make mistakes. He doesn't have huge AHL/NHL experience so you know, mistakes will happen. MacDonald is 34 and has EXTENSIVE experience in the AHL and playing for various teams, some good and some horrible, as well as a Calder Cup champion. Him playing like this is just laziness in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
While 3 goals is one to many, to expect him to win this one he'd have needed to post a shut out
Yes, and that second goal shouldn't have happened. That goal stays out and the Heat might have taken the lead because the team was playing hard in front of him. That's fully on him.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post: