View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #1410
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I got a UHD51a to try out 4k, but the thing makes a bunch of noise from the actuators on the chip. One set of actuators seems to be the cause of the problem. Anyway, it's painful to listen to, so it's going back. Unfortunately I got it on an Amazon warehouse deal, so no swapping for a different one. I imagine any they get are returned for the same reason, as it is apparently a little bit of an issue with these.

Anyway, I decided that 4k is a little immature at this point, so I'm looking for a 1080p to hold me over. My 720p HD70 was great, but needs a new $200 lamp and is just not that bright. So now trying to decide which one to go with. Anyone else here have projectors in that range? The new HD27HDR sounds interesting with it's HDR ability, though I'm not sure I'm sold on the white segment colour wheel, I don't need that much brightness for my basement. If they made one with the classic 6 segment I'd go with it for sure.

Other options are the HD39Darbee, though that is getting expensive, or one of the BenQ's I haven't looked at much.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote