View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #339
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh the buttons are incredibly frustrating! It's been almost two weeks of solid gaming and I'm still struggling with some of it..still can't figure out how to find stored outfits on my horse, for example. Some of the systems are frustrating too; I'm sure it evens out later as your stats increase, but in the early going I find I'm just a slave with my/my horse's cores, they're forever low I find. And I can't seem to save my horse and I from being underweight. The camp feels fairly high maintenance in the early going too, with money being tight at this early stage. I'm certainly not used to all this maintenance in a video game.

Hunting can be frustrating too..I like how you can't just pull a genocide on the animal population like you could in the original, but as soon as I get a kill, I pretty much race to the nearest town to sell it before it starts to rot.. but almost every time en route, I run into a chance encounter that either requires a lengthy detour causing my pelt to rot, or they need a ride and require me to ditch my kill altogether. That's annoying.

I've gotten used to the slower pace though, I love just leisurely taking in the scenery. I've never experienced a world this detailed and alive before, especially the skies. The way the clouds move in is incredible, I love watching a storm develop. Been a bit of a love/hate relationship with this game in the early going as I try to learn everything, but I'm starting to settle in. Muscle memory finally getting to where it needs to be. There's a lot of frustrating parts to this game, especially in the beginning. But there's a lot to love as well.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote