View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #80
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Lethbridge announced today where they'll play some of their playoff games.

https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/articl...r-enmax-centre

They have been evicted from the over 5000 seat Enmax Centre in late March and Early April because the City book Curling Championships and forgot that the Hurricanes play hockey in the building that they promised for Curling.

Now the city is playing at Nicholas Sheran an old 980 seat arena w/ standing room. Many season ticket holders are upset because they won't get to go to all the games due to lack of seating.

Last year when it was announced that the Enmax Centre would host the curling championships it was done without consulting the Hurricanes. Enmax Centre administration and the City of Lethbridge administration completely forgot about the WHL team.

I hate the city I live in. Now I hate curling too.
This is something that the Hurricanes have said but was not true. The Hurricanes were consulted however their response was to the extent of "we would care but you won't get the Championships anyways." There were not giving the city credit.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to seeing some hockey at the Nich. It's been years since that arena has been full for hockey and that atmosphere should be intense.
brocoli is online now   Reply With Quote