View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Apple blocking rival software downloads?

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help from the very knowledgable CP user base. I took my 2017 MacBook Pro in for some repairs over the holidays and I just got it back. In that process, they wiped my RAM (you know, for ####s and giggles), and I'm currently working on downloading some of the missing software that was wiped. They also uploaded the most recent OS.

One of the weirdest things is with Google Chrome. I go to the site and download it, but when it comes up in the downloads and I click on it, it says it's corrupted and that it needs to go to the trash. I even dragged it to my application folder after doing some internet searching on common installation problems, but that didn't do anything.

Is Apple blocking the install of Google Chrome? I just tried this with Office 365 (free download from my work) and the same thing happened. WTF is up? Can anyone fill me in or do I need to go back and make an apple genius appointment?
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote