View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Oh, and Grant, Junior never played here as a Cannon, but I remember seeing him at least once in the annual M's vs. Cannons exhibition. I seem to remember him hitting 3 home runs in a game here.
I think Ken was suggesting that Ken never played FOR the Cannons, but yes I do remember that as well.

I got an autograph from Ken that day. I tried to get two for my sis and I but he was hungry and wanted to find some fried chicken so I told him about KFC. I was only a pup and didn't know about chicken on the way.

And man did Ken Mash that day. He did hit 3 homeruns in 2 innings at 2 abs. After that they subbed him.

I got a Brett Boone autograph as well, but the steroid business pushed me to use the ball for playing scrub.

Tripple A ball was something too good for this city and now we see the error in our ways as the Vipers commit more errors than there are days of the year. I like the vipers to get drunk, obnoxious, heckle the opposition and players and coaches I think I could do a better job than.

We were privilidged, and now we are punished. The dawgs are better baseball, but I wish they would upgrade Foothills and apply for at least a double a squad for Burns Stadium is much closer than Okotoks(depending on where you live). It would be grand to be able to see prospects again. Lind was a double A prospect. Bruce was. Braun was. et al.