View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 10:07 AM   #2084
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Because the networks get to protect games from being flexed, otherwise SNF would always be the best game and you'd be pissing off your other broadcast partners. Only week 18 cannot be protected. I suppose what is odd is that CBS didn't protect Dolphins-Chargers since that looked like a potential good game for a while, although I suppose the rationale is Mahomes is the league's biggest star so if you're going to lose a game to a flex, then getting Mahomes softens the blow.
In terms of a Sunday afternoon game I can see why trading those games next week works. Not too hard to swap slots for the Chiefs Broncos with the Dolphins and Chargers. Biggest issue is if all the Dolphins fans need to change travel plans out of L.A. due to the later start time. I think Jets and Bill's may have been the other option that week but would have needed a bigger move to push the Chiefs and Brocos up two time slots. I doubt Fox wanted to take that for one of their good games.

But this weekend CBS has the Chiefs and Bengals with Fox carrying the SF and Miami game 20 minutes earlier. I have to think Fox would have traded that for the Cowboys game.

I guess I'm the only person who thinks the Colts are Bronco level unwatchable. At least most people will have more choice to watch the Broncos and Chiefs in week 14. As a football fan...Dolphins and Chargers is the better game.