View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #43
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Nope!

Our central vac system wasn't top of the line but it was a very good one at the time and we don't even use it anymore because of how much better the Dyson is.

Saying even a cheap central vac system is more powerful than a Dyson it just plain wrong and makes you sound like a door to door vacuum salesman.
Actually, somehow in the last five years I developed pretty bad allergies. I had to do a lot of homework on the best system to clean my small amount of carpet. Most important thing for me? The vacuum must exhaust outside. No Dyson does that. I also have a fairly high end attachment for carpets. Add in the higher suction power, I am not even sure where the argument is.

Central vac is much cheaper than most people think, and if the home is already 'wired' for it, then go for it.

I also find that Dyson owners are often total fanboys. If you have a look at consumers reports, they usually rank Dyson pretty low and make fun of the owners on occasion. These people spend more on a worse product, then claim their product is the best. You want the best vacuum? Get central.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote