Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #36
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I really don't want to derail this thread but dude that's blowing my mind.

Are you allowed to watch TV or movies with guns?
What about her boobs?
No TV with extreme violence when the kids are awake, thats for sure. Some shows, like Flashpoint, have guns but it isn't about violence, so we typically would watch a show with them around but if an episode is particularly violent we just pause the show and continue after the kids are in bed.

As for the boobs part, you do know about being married right? Of course they are off limits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop View Post
that's just pathetic, your wife decides for you which games you can play.... did they remove your testicles before or after the wedding?
Well that is a productive comment.

If you really want to know, my wife and I decide what we want our kids exposed to. I am not saying I fully support her position, but I am happy with my very limited gaming time to play other games. Truth be told, I actually suck at FPS, so it isn't a huge loss for me. EDIT: Actually I just found my BF2 stats ( http://bf2s.com/player/58519271/) - Certainly not an example of a high end payer

Let me tell you a story. I went out shooting with my nephew, who was an avid CS player, to teach him about real guns. As any logical person knows, with real weapons, you need to respect the fact that the gun can hurt someone and rules need to be followed. Despite all the prep work we did with him, the first thing he did when he pulled the gun from its case was point it at another child and scream, "BOOM, Headshot!"

Now that isn't going to happen with every kid, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize that his gaming made him think guns were toys and made him lose respect for how dangerous they were.

Last edited by Rathji; 03-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rathji For This Useful Post: