View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #18
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I found the last Hobbit unwatchable (Desolation of Smaug). I fell asleep in the theater. It was just 2 hours of bad CGI mixed with a very slow moving story. Not too excited for this one.

Don't get the hate on for Transformers. It was exactly what I expected. A bunch of explosions and giant robots battling each other.

Keep in mind a lot of these were watched on planes and totally free.

Bad list:

Ride Along: Just doesn't pull it off.
300 Rise of an Empire: Loved the first. This lacked all of the punch you in the nuts every 5 minutes feel of the first one.
Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill for: Same issue as 300 part 2.
I Frankenstein: Unwatchable.
Godzilla: Not a great script.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Technically released in 2013...saw it this year. Didn't like it. Don't get it. Bad scripts. Stupid premiss. No surprises. Don't find Jennifer Lawrence hot...well unless she's naked and painted blue. Good to see PSH one last time I guess.

Meh:

Neighbours: Started off great but fizzled out quickly.
Captain America 2: Good but not as great as the hype made it out to be.
Amazing Spider-Man 2: Almost makes the bad list.
Transformers: Comes exactly as packaged. I knew what I was getting into.

Good

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Just a good sci-fi movie.
X-men: Days of Future Past: Quicksilver seen makes it worth the price of admission.
Guardians of the Galaxy: great to see a superhero movie not take itself seriously and actually pull it off.
Grand Budapest Hotel: Somehow manages to make every Wes Andereson cliche fresh again.
22 Jump Street: Found it to be the best comedy of the year.
Lego Movie: Yeah...it was entertaining.
Edge of Tomorrow: Get over the fact it's Tom Cruise and you have a very entertaining movie.

Movies I haven't seen yet, but need to see:

Birdman
Gone Girl
Nightcrawler
Interstellar
Foxcatcher
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote