View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #12
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

As a young professional I found myself in position to buy a new car, the first time ever, and I settled on a 2012 Xterra.

I did not want to waste some sales' guy's time, so once I knew I wanted an Xterra, I found out all I needed to, test drove one once, then phoned to make an offer.

My offer included some perhaps vanity/useless accessories, such as the bush bar (which was more for looks than protection) and a few other items. We agreed over the phone as to all options, extras and all in price and he made calls to make sure he could get the model into his dealership.

The sales guy was agreeable and numbers were confirmed via fax. I gave a deposit via credit card over the phone, $500. There was no dealer financing, although I was using other pre-approved financing (my bank).

I get to the dealership to pick it up, excited to take possession.

In the sales' guy's office, I was presented with different prices and some new fees such as a document fee. I said, that was not the deal, and then he flipped over to a second page which showed the numbers we actually agreed upon, in his own handwriting. So he says he'll go talk to his manager.

The "manager" who I never saw, I could hear him talking loudly enough so that I would hear, "Oh, what would you expect from a lawyer", in a very condescending manner.

They completed the deal as agreed, and made me feel like a piece of #### in the process.

After that I never bought Nissan again. I bought BMW instead. But in all the joke is still on me, I only started to deal with bigger sharks.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post: