View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #682
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Coverage in the city outside downtown is fine, don't notice a difference from Rogers.

Coverage in downtown and in office buildings: Currently atrocious. Band 13 being rolled out later this fall will fix this. Without band 13 upcoming I probably would have switched my wife back to Rogers given I am hearing about the terrible reception daily.

Coverage outside of the city relies on other towers, I would suggest ensuring you have at least 500mb or 1gb of "away" data on Freedom if you travel outside major cities.
I work on the east end of downtown, take the train every day and have had zero problems. Only pain is on the train, when I go under Banff trail station heading north, I often lose service until Brentwood and sometimes upto Dalhousie station. I understand losing service in the tunnel but it just seems to take so long after that to regain it.

And I second getting some "away" data. My wife has been on Bell, currently Virgin Mobile, and my reception has been as good - if not better - than she has. I would say away coverage has improved immensely in the time I've been on wind/freedom.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote