View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 03:29 PM   #3101
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Most of the supply chain stuff has nothing to do with Biden or any Federal jurisdiction.

As an example, the city of Long Beach just got pressured into waiving the "you can only stack containers in storage yards two high" zoning rule.

That instantly creates way more storage space near the ports and should help quite a bit.

But long Beach zoning, ALWU labour relations/terminals not paying overtime, and the trucker shortage are all not really federal issues.

Somewhat ironically peobably the best thing Biden could do to help would be keep line 5 going. If that fuel needs to travel by truck it will pull truckers to that job, exacerbating the shortage.
I have no problem blaming Biden cause he is about as useless and dumb of a President as the US has had, but he is not really at fault for the energy or supply chain issues. I mean, he could probably do a couple things that might help, but at the end of the day state & local jurisdictions have screwed the pooch.

The issue with the stacking containers thing also has to do with not being able to free up the chassis needed to transport new constainers.

I mean, how hard is it to figure that out? The guy that posted about it on Twitter said went out and visited with the workers for a few hours and that is what they told him.

Everyone likes to bitch about the ports not being open 24/7 until you realize that out of 7 cranes, 2 are working because they don't have room to move containers. So why complain about the port working time?

Kinda dumb. But hey, here we are.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote