View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #58
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
With 32 teams, you should not really expect more than 1-3 Championships in your life-time.
This team has the fewest playoff series wins in the NHL over the past 3 decades. You're right, my expectations are clearly out of whack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone hands View Post
how has this gone in oilerville, toronto, montreal and vancouver?

i would take the exact opposite take as you. i think the fact that canadian markets are so rabidly passionate about their teams, it almost makes it impossible to properly rebuild because everyone's expectations are too high and they want things fixed TODAY, and if its not fixed today, then cycle out the management team who started to implement a plan and replace them with someone who will fix it(and they wont, and the cycle continues as the franchise becomes mired in mediocrity)
Decent point. But if the team scouts, drafts, and manages well enough, a rebuilding team won't take that long to become a contending team. 4-5 years at the most. Are the Flames a contender right now? I would say no. The 107 pts has a lot to do with Rittich catching fire in the first half of the season, and a relatively weak western conference this year (not to mention injuries to other teams in the west). The Avs really exposed this team, to say the least.

Last edited by Mathgod; 04-23-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Mathgod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mathgod For This Useful Post: