View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:
Default Day 14 (PM of February 17 - AM of February 18)

At 18:30 the Women’s Halfpipe Freestyle Skiing Final begins on CBC. Rachael Karker qualified in second place and Cassie Sharpe is defending the Gold Medal. Calgary resident Amy Fraser is also in the Final.

At 21:10 we have the first Semifinal in the Men’s Hockey Tournament between Finland and Slovakia. This should be on TSN or TSN4 and maybe CBC as well.

At 23:05 the 1/8 races in the Men’s Ski Cross starts (the seeding begins at 20:45). Calgarian Brady Leman is defending his Gold Medal from 2018. Kevin Drury is trying to improve on his fourth-place finish from PyeongChang. Reece Howden and Jared Schmidt are making their Olympic debuts. I think this will be on CBC once the hockey is finished but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is shown in full. The Quarterfinals start at 23:35. The Semifinals should begin at 23:54. The Finals begin at 00:10.

Also at 23:05 the Bronze Medal matchup between Canada and the USA in Men’s Curling begins, I think this will be in TSN or TSN4.

The Women’s 12.5km Mass Start Biathlon begins at 00:00.

At 01:30 the Men’s 1000m Speed Skating begins, this should be on CBC. Antoine Gelinas-Beaulieu will be in the eighth pair. Canmore’s Connor Howe is in the eleventh pair. Laurent Dubreuil (2021 ISU World Singles Distances Bronze Medalist in this distance) will be in the fifteenth and final pair.

At 02:00 the Men’s 15km Mass Start Biathlon begins. Jules Burnotte joins Calgarians Scott and Christian Gow as the Canadian competitors.

The Short Program of the Pairs Figure Skating starts at 03:30. Vanessa James and Eric Radford as well as Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro are the Canadian skaters. This should be on CBC.

At 05:00 Run 1 in the 2-Woman Bobsleigh starts on Sportsnet1. Christine de Bruin and Kristen Bujnowski will be the sixth team to slide. Melissa Lotholz and Sarah Villani will go twelfth. Cynthia Appiah and Dawn Richardson Wilson will go thirteenth. Run 2 begins at 06:30.

The Women’s Curling Semifinals start at 05:05, Japan vs Switzerland and Sweden vs Great Britain. These should be on one of the TSN channels.

At 06:10 the second Semifinal in Men’s Hockey begins and I think it will be on CBC/Sportsnet.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post: