View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 12:17 AM   #1059
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerplunk View Post
Ya, I wouldn't go more than 400 or 500, because of how odd it might feel for me. Are pocket watches in style? [emoji1]
How big is your wrist, and would you want something with some heft or something lighter?

If I were you, given the attire you want to wear the watch with (business/business casual), I'd go with something on a black hide strap. I'd go smaller in the face (34-36mm) and I'd pick something vintage. Not something brand new, and not something quartz.

I'd buy this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MENS-OMEGA-SE...-/301569014993

Is it more than your stated range? Yeah, it is, a hair over a thousand bucks. But look at it. That is a watch that oozes class and taste, without being all "and I also own a fleet of yachts" about it. It will be nice and light being stainless steel on a leather band, and if you decide you don't want it, there's always a market for well-maintained vintage pieces like that. In fact, I had another one in mind that I was going to post here except someone snapped it up already.

If I wasn't already in the midst of reducing my collection (too many that don't get enough wrist time as it is), I'd have bought it for myself by now.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 03-23-2015 at 12:19 AM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote