Thread: Guild Wars 2
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #80
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So with a good group WvW is a great way to level and probably the way that say you and your guild would do it. But for a guy coming into this game for the most part solo you really need to mix the two and take advantage of a good group when you find it.. pugging is so painful.

I know that they promised this game wouldn't be one of those where you are just racing to finish so you can finally start playing. So I expect the leveling experience to be the most fun out of any game I have played so far. Big shoes to fill! :P

Watching some of these videos I get a big reminder of UO in the sense of timing for PvP. In UO, being good came down to just being able to time your combos and know when was the right time to use what ability. Pretty simple in theory, and the players that understood it could handle 2-3 guys at once, and win. This game seems to be very similar to that with fewer WoWlike I win buttons.