View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #225
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Blaster, he mocked someone who had the courage to come out about his child abuse for said child abuse. This is indefensible, hence I guess your random comparisons to physical beating of women to try to proclaim Burrows "not as bad as this".
My random comparisons? What? Someone else made the comparison and I called it out as nothing even remotely close.

You guys all keep hammering the O'Sullivan thing which is the one that Burrows actually apologized for (albeit eventually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Fallacy of relative privation (also known as "appeal to worse problems" or "not as bad as") – dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world.
Except I'm not dismissing people's reasons for disliking Burrows. I understand those reasons just fine. I am dismissing comparisons to what he did in his NHL career being on par with a guy who tried to beat his girlfriend to death and being a member of the Klu Klux klan. I didn't bring these comparisons up toake burrows less bad. Others did to try amdake him sound much worse than he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Being an ####### and not being in the KKK doesn’t make you less of an #######.
True, but that isn't the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Yeah. I'm making it up to back up a point. Are you looking for a news report from a ball hockey game?!?
I mean, you kind of offered it, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Whether you want to believe it or not, it happened. He said a bunch of stupid stuff including racist things. It also fits his character described by his action in numerous other incidents. He's a POS. You can sit there plugging your ears screaming 'I can't hear you' all you want. Doesn't change the facts. Despicable person - they exist.
I mean, I can hear you. And if you can back what you said up, I am very willing to change my mind, but no, hearsay on the internet usually won't change my mind. I've talked with guys that played against him on the national level, and they all say he was a #### to play against, but if he was racist towards them I doubt they would have cheered for him once he was a Canuck.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 07-10-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote