Thread: Nhl20
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #26
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dislikes: So far, I'm not really blown away. I find the clock and scoreboard bar at the bottom of the screen distracting and I wish they'd have provided an option of top or bottom.

Gameplay, my critiques are in line with the rest of them here, AI has hit a wall and the difference between Pro and All-Star is at the point where Pro might as well be Rookie, and All-Star should be renamed "You're never going to win again".

EA's mailing it in with the UI from last year's game, and I miss the days of NHL on PC where the front end was given some substantial changes along with its fresh coat of paint every year. NHL 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, and all the way to 2005 -- which is when they started changing way less about the interface between years as the PC version was to be discontinued after NHL '09 -- was always new, interesting, and fun. Yeah, it's just the menu, but it kept things fresh.

I knew the Frostbite Engine wasn't coming to NHL '20 but it still is a bit of a sore spot that there's no HDR for like the third goddamn game in a row that has been 4K-ready. We've had Xbox One Enhanced versions since NHL '18, but no HDR.

I'm also done with the stupid create-a-player system where you have *clears throat* ~150 DIFFERENT FACES that all look like they were beaten with a 2x4 while having a serious go at a professional rugby career. I still long for the Tiger Woods PGA Tour '07 create a player which had so many tweaks and sliders that police could use the thing in place of a sketch artist. I went through this in 2018 and 2019, can I please just import my Be A Pro or my Custom Skater from my save data and not worry about trying to find the one face that doesn't look like it belongs to an armless UFC fighter post-match? Please?

On the plus side, I actually like the new commentator setup too, it sounds pretty natural, similar to watching a game on TV. I like the attention to smaller details, shot animations and such. I'm glad I didn't pay full price.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: