View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #3565
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufenstein View Post
I was down in Texas couple of years ago and the locals I was with started talking about their guns. They had pictures of their weapons on their phones and showed them to each other in the same manner as you'd show people your kids' photos.

When I asked if everyone owns a gun here, they just all laughed and basically said, of course you dummy!

That was a real eye-opener for me of just how prevalent that culture is down there.
A couple of years ago the company I worked for brought in some guys from the Houston office for cross training. After talking a bit during some down time one guy asked me what kind of guns I owned, and when I explained that I don't own nor have ever owned a gun they both looked at me with absolute bewilderment. When the rest of the guys on the Calgary team also confirmed that none of them own any guns, they just shook their heads. It was a complete foreign concept to them for someone to not own a firearm

Sad end to the story is that one of those guys ended up committing suicide a few months later, with one of his guns of course