View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #34
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is also something called injuries. Does it really matter if Jankowski, Foo, Poirier, Shinkaruk, Klimchuk, etc., etc., are on the opening day roster? Not so much in my mind.

I think Stajan has to earn his ice-time, but at the same time, who is legitimately going to replace him on the 4th line? That's not a spot I want Jankowski occupying. Even Lazar to me doesn't really belong on the 4th.

I am 100% ok with Stajan starting on this team because:
1) He isn't a bad player at all - just over-paid.
2) Who else can benefit from that 4th line spot, and what player should be there making the team better?

If the Flames had a 4th line center on the farm that was cheaper and better than Stajan, I may agree that it is time to move on from Stajan. That's not really the case. There is no guy on the farm that is pushing for a 4th line spot. If the Flames want to run 4 scoring lines, now that's a different story. The Flames seem to be running 3 scoring/checking lines and an energy line for the 4th. Until that changes, Jankowski and the rest of the up-and-coming prospects should either play in the top 9, or stay on the farm and get big minutes.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: