View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #1081
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dino7c isn't wrong. It's pretty common early in a console life cycle that games have huge attach rates because people are buying every game due to limited choice and since they are justifying the console purchase. Hell I just bought a 25 year old arcade soccer game because I was craving a sports game for the switch - no chance that I'm buying Super Sidekicks on my PS4 or Xbone.

Vita was very much the same at the start for sure. I recall people actually using the attach rate to defend that the system wasn't a failure.

IMO Switch is already more successful than that system just because it's actually still pushing console units but attach rates for game can be deceiving early in a console life cycle since limited games are coming out and there isn't a back catalog for people to buy.

Still doesn't mean that SFV wasn't a bit of a bust though - for an established franchise on a system with 15x the install base that the Switch had it should have been able to outsell Arms even with the "New Console" factor.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 07-27-2017 at 02:48 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: