View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #23
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Some other ultra wealthy person or company would buy them for sure, though the stadium financing will take deep pockets or a lot of debt. Definitely have a lot of other issues with their football club though..

I know they just are one of many big clubs doing it, but to me they are just the poster child for everything wrong with the English player development right now. They must be blocking 5-10 guys in their early twenties who should be the pride of a smaller club and playing regularly. And I know they loan some of them out but they end up getting half the games they should and their development is stunted.

England needs to somehow figure out a way to stop the big clubs hoarding and sitting on their most talented prospects and justifying it with this horrible loan system. I look at Loftus-Cheek likely going back there from Palace and think what a shame that situation is. Refused to loan him out and barely played him till he was 22, finally gets a year to play and grows a ton, now likely bringing him back as a bench player. He'll probably get 10-15 starts all year when he could be playing 38 for a premier league club and developing properly. Even if he beats the odds and pushes through it'll probably be to the detriment of another young player who should be playing FT like Barkley. A lot of these guys like him, Abraham, Blackman, Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Palmer, Baker etc should be at Championship or lower level Premier League clubs rather than buried behind a bunch of imports going out on load sporadically in a situation where the club has no interest/investment in letting them make mistakes and mature.

Last edited by Matty81; 06-15-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post: