Thread: e-cigs
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #34
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames89 View Post
I am happy trading the 4000 chemicals in cigs which contain over 40 known carcinogenic compounds and 400 other toxins (including tar, arsenic, formaldehyde, cyanide, and ammonia) for the 4 in e-cigs.
This is really the reason for my posts. Just because one number is smaller doesn't mean it is tangibly better for you. We don't know because they haven't been characterized to any substantial degree based on manufacturer, method etc etc etc. And that is what the marketing is all about and not a shred of it has been proven. The marketing in the states used to claim it would break the nicotine habit but they had to stop using that claim because it wasn't proven (and still isn't...anything I've seen thus far indicates that cold turkey works as well or better).

There are more than 4 things as well (the manufacturers don't take into account what happens to things when they are heated). In addition there are things present in the same or greater amounts that we know cause health issues (nicotine itself, the particulate size etc).
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote