View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 07:26 PM   #7920
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
While this argument is fun, the one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the timing of this proposed strike.

There have been 2 years of supply chain problems, the economy is teetering on serious recession, there has been record inflation in the last year that is only now starting to normalize, and we're heading into the busiest commercial season for almost every industry.

Does nobody else find it the tiniest bit slimy that the union is leveraging this exact moment to its fullest knowing that the country literally cannot afford a strike at this moment? Sure, we can pretend that unions are virtuous and corporations are the big baddies, but the truth is much more grey than that. I will concede that unions don't normally have a ton of bargaining power to get what they need, but this seems like holding the entire economy at ransom if they don't get an extra sick day or two. Seems pretty ####ty and selfish to me.

But hey, I guess I'm just a corporate stooge.
Welcome to the point of a labour disruption. Should they only do it when they have the least amount of leverage and just hope that corporations will give them a fair deal out of the goodness of their hearts?

EDIT: Again, do the corporations not own some of this for not offering a reasonable deal without the threat of a strike?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote