View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #20
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
More than a first.

He is a top pairing D man who plays the right side. A handful of untimely gaffes doesn’t tank a players trade value.

Find a comparable player that was traded for less than a first plus.
He definitely is not...unless he's paired with Giordano when he's playing at an elite level. If Brodie was a true top pairing guy, there's would be no reason to trade him away. The fact is, even though he had a big bounce back season, he's regressed quite a bit overall since Hartley left. And this is coming from a huge Brodie fan. His offence isn't enough to make up for his defensive issues at this point. Because of the nature of his position, his mistakes often lead to direct goals. It's a real shame because Hartley used to rave about him; how the sky was the limit and even Brodie himself had no idea how good he was. If there was one player I've been rooting for to get back to where he used to be, it's Brodie.

I want him traded for assets, not because he's a bad player, but because there are 4 other young <22 year old Dmen waiting to take his place and Brodie will have good trade value this summer. Still, I'd be sad to see him go. He's an example of the Flames doing something right when it comes to drafting and developing a player, and he's still only 28. Lots of good years left in him.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-20-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: