View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 02:14 AM   #33
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I will also throw my name in the hat for Darren Haynes and Randy Sportak, good writers for sure.

I love love love behind the scenes stuff, stuff that your average fan doesn't know or see but personally interests ME. I love info on their workout regiment, diet change, how they deal with the travel, what happens on the road with all the downtime. I would even take it a step further and even get one of the writers to write pieces on the trainers, equipment staff, team Dr's etc. What REALLY goes into a road trip, a back to back's, how does the medical staff asses injuries and rehab etc.

I also think it would be a good idea to have opinion pieces from ex and current players, almost like the Players Tribune, some amazing insight there.

I am a long time newspaper guy and I am sad to see what has happened to their sports pages. I have subscribed to the Athletic since last summer and I have loved it and think I have more than gotten my money's worth. The Flames coverage might have been a little on the weaker side to start but I follow my team closely enough I know what is up, it was the NHL in general and the other teams that provided some excellent insight.

Welcome to the board and good luck with the next hire in Calgary and elsewhere!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote